Polling Stations & Dates:
Wed Feb 6th, Thurs Feb 7th, Tues Feb 12th, Wed Feb 13th
Polls will be open from 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
UTSC – BV Hallway Bladen Wing
UTM – Feb 6 & 7 CCT Link area, Feb 12 & 13 CCT Atrium
Bahen Ctr – 40 St. George Street, Lobby area
Dentistry – 124 Edward Street, 4th Floor Elevator area
Faculty of Law – Rowell Room, ante space, Flavelle House Foyer, 78 Queen’s Park
Medical Sciences Building – 1 King’s College Circle Feb 6th & 13th room 2325 next to the Deans’ corridor and Feb 7th & 12th room 2171 David Naylor Student Commons
Sidney Smith – Lobby, 100 St. George Street
Woodsworth College – near Second Cup, 119 St. George Street
2018 is the inaugural year for the USW Local 1998 Member Awards. The awards have been established to recognize member contributions in two award categories.
USW 1998 MEMBER AWARDS
HEALTH AND SAFETY AWARD
This award recognizes the outstanding performance of a USW 1998 member or members towards fostering and promoting health, safety, and environmental issues in the workplace.
- Demonstrates commitment to health and safety in the workplace. Commitment goes beyond the requirements of the employee(s) role; it is proactive and preventative
- Works towards continuous improvement of health and safety in the workplace. For example, activities/actions taken to prevent injuries or illnesses and prevention of unsafe conditions or practices
- Encourages others to initiate health and safety policies and procedures
- Promotes effective integration of health and safety in planning processes in their work area
- Takes an active role in and being a strong advocate of health and safety
- Makes an extra effort to improve or correct a specific aspect of safety within the workplace
MAKING A DIFFERENCE AWARD
To recognize a member who has a positive impact on others in the workplace and promotes a positive union environment that is respectful, collegial, and supportive
- Has performed a special act of kindness or service that has had a positive impact on other members
- Demonstrated sincere cooperation, a positive attitude and exceptional willingness to assist others
- Their efforts and contributions are above and beyond their regular job duties
Who Can Nominate?
Members in any of the five units (Staff Appointed, Casual, UTS, VIC, SMC) can nominate a member. Self-nominations are not eligible.
All Local 1998 members in good standing. Members of the Awards Committee will not participate in the decision-making process if nominated.
Nominations are open from Oct. 4 to 25, 2018. Completion of the Nomination Form is required. All nominations must be received by Thurs. Oct. 25, 2018 at 12:00 noon. Late nominations will not be accepted. Applications will be adjudicated by the Awards Committee.
Awards will be presented at the annual Holiday Party in December. The award winners will be featured in USW Local 1998’s Steeldrum.
Please contact Margaret Bucknam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-506-9090, ext. 222 if you have questions about the nomination process.
Please join us as we celebrate our 20th Anniversary
STG Campus: Thursday, June 21, 2018
Member Meeting: 3:30 p.m.
BBQ: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
25 Cecil St.
Download the poster
UTM Campus: Tuesday June 26th, 2018
12:00 to 2:00 pm
Location: CCT Courtyard
UTSC Campus: Wednesday June 27th, 2018
12:00 to 2:00 pm
Location: H-Wing Patio
*Location will move to HW 305 if it rains
*Video of the NEXTGEN Lunch & Learn presentation “Trudeau, Trump & Trade: What is at Stake for Our Future” from February 9th 2017
*This letter to President Meric Gertler has been sent on behalf of USW Local 1998, CUPE 1230, CUPE 3902 and APUS (CFS 97)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW
UPDATE: Response from Meric S. Gertler, Office of the President (pdf)