STAC Stewards in Action Level 2March 24, 2022
Do you want to be a better steward? Attend the Steelworkers Toronto Area Council Stewards in Action level 2 course this summer. The course will run from June 22-24 and will be in person at 25 Cecil St., lower level. USW1998 is sending up to 5 participants this course.
Deadline to register: May 20 at 5pm
Stewards in Action Level 2
June 22–24, 8:30am-4:30pm
This course aims to practice techniques to engage and mobilize members in support of common goals. By the end of the training you will be able to:
* Understand how to work within the local union structure
* Apply good communication, investigation, and judgment skills to complex grievance scenarios
* Describe the duty of fair representation in practical terms
* Understand the role of a Steelworker Steward in dealing with harassment
* Identify options for dealing effectively with management
* Review some key concepts from Stewards in Action 1, such as writing grievances
Participants are expected to already be stewards and to have completed the STAC Stewards in Action Level 1 course. Registration link available in March 24 newsletter.